The domiciliary service is provided by Clinpath Pathology to patients who are not physically able to attend a collection centre.
This service is generally a priority service providing patients with access to a specialist mobile phlebotomist. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are accepting requests for home visits where patients are self-isolating for their own health because they are a high risk, ie. over 70, pregnant, immunosuppressed, etc.
Mobile collections can be booked by the patient or carer, or by the doctor or clinic staff.
Call (08) 8366 2000.
Domiciliary Service Process
(*this process assumes the service has been booked and confirmed)
On the day of the domiciliary visit, all patients are required to:
- Provide pension or concession cards (if applicable)
- Provide a current Medicare card
- Provide the pathology request form (unless testing is a Rule 3 exception)
- Maintain a list of current medications, including dosages
- Clear small table and area for collection
- Ensure a carer/support person is available if patient is unable to open the door for the pathology collector
- Ensure a carer/support person is available if patient is unable to positively identify themselves
- Lock pets away for the duration of the collection
On the day, the pathology collector is required to:
- Behave in a professional manner
- Positively identify the patient
- Take away their pathology waste
- Refuse service if they feel unsafe or if there is any evidence of consumption of illegal drugs or alcohol at the premises.