The domiciliary service is provided by Clinpath Pathology to patients who are not physically able to attend a collection centre.
This service is a priority service providing patients with access to a specialist mobile phlebotomist. The subsidy paid by Medicare Australia does not cover costs of this service.
Domiciliary Service for Age Care Providers
Book appointments online (coming soon)
Clinpath Pathology Appoints Aged Care Liaison
As Aged and Home Care providers continue to seek innovative models of care focused around the patient, Clinpath Pathology services allow people with different care packages and needs, to access a primary health care service, in a space where they feel comfortable and which is easily accessible to them. Wherever that may be.
At the heart of everything we do in our business is the patient. So, just imagine being able to incorporate and tailor our pathology services into your own health care packages... When Pathology meets Aged Care, at Clinpath you get to meet Stephanie Hubbard, our newly appointed Aged Care Liaison.
P (08) 8366 2000
F (08) 8366 2097
On the day of the domiciliary visit, all patients are required to:
- Provide pension or concession cards (if applicable)
- Provide a current Medicare card
- Provide the pathology request form (unless testing is a Rule 3 exception)
- Maintain a list of current medications, including dosages
- Clear small table and area for collection
- Ensure a carer/support person is available if patient is unable to open the door for the pathology collector
- Ensure a carer/support person is available if patient is unable to positively identify themselves
- Lock pets away for the duration of the collection
On the day, the pathology collector is required to:
- Behave in a professional manner
- Positively identify the patient
- Take away their pathology waste
- Refuse service if they feel unsafe or if there is any evidence of consumption of illegal drugs or alcohol at the premises.