The domiciliary service is a free service provided by Clinpath Pathology to patients who are not physically able to attend a collection centre.
This service is a priority service providing patients with access to a specialist mobile phlebotomist.
The subsidy paid by Medicare Australia does not cover the costs of this service.
On the day of the domiciliary visit, all patients are required to:
- Provide pension or concession cards (if applicable)
- Provide a current Medicare card
- Provide the pathology request form (unless testing is a Rule 3 exception)
- Maintain a list of current medications, including dosages
- Clear small table and area for collection
- Ensure a carer/support person is available if patient is unable to open the door for the pathology collector
- Ensure a carer/support person is available if patient is unable to positively identify themselves
- Lock pets away for the duration of the collection
On the day, the pathology collector is required to:
- Behave in a professional manner
- Positively identify the patient
- Take away their pathology waste
- Refuse service if they feel unsafe or if there is any evidence of consumption of illegal drugs or alcohol at the premises.