Skip to main content

Faecal Calprotectin

Do I have an Inflammatory Bowel Disease?

The vast majority of people who visit their doctor complaining of gut problems will find they do not have Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. Until recently, the only way to make a diagnosis was by a colonoscopy, which, like any invasive procedure, carries a small risk of complications. Now there is a test that looks for a particular protein in faeces that can accurately indicate whether CD or UC is present. This new test, called faecal calprotectin, can help decide whether someone should have a colonoscopy or not. 

Ask your Doctor about testing today.

Updated Monday, 05 July 2021