Introducing Port Adelaide
Introducing our new Port Adelaide drive through station
supporting community west of the city
We can confirm Clinpath Pathology are still providing local respiratory testing, in addition to COVID-19 testing as we strongly believe South Australian doctors need access to services. Thankfully, at present, there are limited COVID-19 cases within the state and the routine respiratory viruses cause the overwhelming majority respiratory viral infections.
Our patient care is a priority.
To ensure South Australians continue to be fully supported we have opened the Port Adelaide Drive Through location at 7 Gracechurch Street.
The COVID-19 Pathology Service Hotline 1800 870 778 remains available 7 days a week for bookings and result and our drive through stations operate from 8am to 4pm daily, with Mile End also offering weekend services.
We now have six drive through stations conveniently located north, south, east, and west of the city. The full list of locations include:
1. Blair Athol 502 Main North Rd
2. Elizabeth Park 1 Gould Rd
3. Firle 171 Glynburn Rd
4. Huntfield Heights 234 Honeypot Rd
5. Mile End 21 James Congdon Drive
6. Port Adelaide 7 Gracechurch St
Our COVID-19 service model is inclusive of a mobile domiciliary service with collectors who can visit patients in their own home, and we have a COVID-19 Auslan Service based at our Mile End drive through on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Our existing Aged Care Hotline 1800 570 573 remains available from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, with the federal government contract extended until March 2021.
Key points about our COVID and Respiratory services are:
- All COVID-19 and Respiratory testing is currently done in South Australia
- Turnaround time remains within 24-48 hours
- Access to mobile COVID-19 services remains available for all
- Dedicated COVID-19 coordinators, call centre operators and resources 24 hours a day
- Dedicated Aged Care response team & testing services
- Regulated service supporting GP care
- To access the Clinpath service, the test must be requested by a referring doctor.
If you have any questions, you can also contact your Client Liaison representative to discuss. We encourage you to stay aware of our directives, either via this medium, your BD Client Liaison Rep, or our website here: clinpath.com.au/clinicians/news/