Clinpath Pathology’s COVID-19 testing options expand
Strengthening our existing COVID-19 PCR Rapid test, Clinpath Pathology have expanded COVID-19 PCR testing capabilities at the Mile End laboratory, to ensure we can support the state and community for years to come.
From Wednesday 13 May 2020, Clinpath are able to provide a full suite of COVID-19 PCR testing capabilities and an array of COVID-19 collection services to you, your patients, staff and colleagues. This supports our efforts to keep the community safe and strengthen our states overall testing options.
Clinpath Pathology provide COVID-19 PCR testing in line with the Centre for Diseases Control (CDC), a branch of SA Health, and have followed their recommendations.
Led by our Infectious Diseases Laboratory Director, Dr Jhumur Roy said, “Our molecular biology laboratory has undergone extensive refurbishment works within our main laboratory at Mile End to expand our molecular capabilities. This extension, along with our intense validation process, ensure Clinpath can support the state and community for years to come.
With the patient our primary focus, Clinpath will continue to offer a full respiratory panel, with 11 targets, in addition to the COVID-19 PCR test. This service is available to support the “maintaining health” philosophy and works with encouraging everyone to keep up with their regular tests and health management.
Dr Fergus Whitehead, Clinpath CEO said, “With the many issues facing the medical profession associated with the COVID-19 outbreak, Clinpath recognizes that, as your pathology practice, we have an important role to play in supporting you and your patients, as much as the community at large in South Australia. We have been an integral part of the community fabric for over 25 years and we have adapted to support you during these times. This next investment in our state is a direct commitment to this fact.”
Clinpath’s COVID-19 Service:
- We will perform COVID-19 PCR testing at our Mile End Laboratory, with results within 24 hours.
- We will continue RAPID COVID-19 PCR testing for high-risk patients and priority Aged Care resident and staff.
- We will offer COVID-19 collection, inclusive of an 11 panel respiratory testing.
- We will open Clinpath’s Mile End drive through service, connected to our main laboratory, from Wednesday 13 May 2020, with bookings accepted online or via phone.
- We will continue mobile domiciliary services, inclusive of COVD-19 collections to patients within the safety and comfort of their own home, during the hours of 7am-5pm, M-F.
Additionally, our Courier team is available at any time to collect samples from your surgery, site or facility if you have already collected the sample. Clinpath collection staff follow strict COVID-19 PPE standards when conducting any testing, ensuring the safety of your patient and our staff.
For any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact your local BD Liaison.
Pre Analytics Manager
We have simplified the process of booking your pathology test.
(08) 8366 2000