Skin Cancer Surgical Audit
Designed to improve the quality of patient care and outcomes, the Sonic Healthcare Skin Cancer Surgical Audit allows referring doctors with an interest in skin cancer to participate in a comparative review of their personal findings against those of their peers and the wider GP cohort.
It is an independent, nationwide program with thousands of participating GPs.
Continuing professional development
Sonic Healthcare is proud to be an education provider of the RACGP in the 2023.
RACGP Accredited CPD Activity
25 hours allocated to eligible participants who complete the audit (i.e. completing two consecutive six-month intervals, reviewing reports and submitting an evaluation questionnaire at the end of the the 12-month reporting period).
ACRRM PDP Accredited Activity
18 hours allocated to eligible participants who complete the audit (i.e. completing two consecutive six-month intervals, reviewing reports and submitting an evaluation questionnaire at the end of the the 12-month reporting period).
– Delivered online and accessible any time
– Clinically relevant content based on a needs assessment guided by GPs, with measurable learning outcomes
– No minimum number of referrals required; patients included should be representative of your clinical practice
– Integrated Skin Cancer Audit and Research Database (SCARD) data transfer available for skin lesions
– Comprehensive reporting
- Outcomes presented in graphs and tables for easy interpretation
- Episode summaries which can be generated at any time
- Twice-yearly statistical interval reports, providing statistical outcomes compared to your peers and the wider GP cohort
- A summative report following the completion of two consecutive intervals
2. Specialised skin audit request forms
When collecting specimens, use the special surgical audit request forms and simply add the additional clinical data on the back of the form
3. Receive your report
The audit is conducted over a 12-month period, and participants receive personalised interval reports 6 and 12 months after registration
4. Submit your personal evaluation
After reviewing your reports, personal evaluation questionnaires must be submitted for each of the two consecutive 6-month intervals